Friday, April 19, 2013

Faster We Burn by Chelsea Cameron




Description

Katie Hallman is done with douchebags. Done with guys that treat her like crap and leave her broken. But then Stryker Grant is there anyway. With his numerous piercings and bleached hair, he's the polar opposite of all her past relationships, which makes him the perfect candidate.
At first Katie just sees him as a physical escape from her previous rocky relationship, and Stryker doesn't seem to mind just being a distraction from Katie's problems. But soon he's getting under her skin, peeling back layers she'd rather keep covered. She tries to make it clear that she doesn't want a relationship, but keeps breaking her own rules.
Then a tragedy sends Katie into the only arms who are there to catch her, and she'll realize that she needs him more than she ever thought possible. But is she ready to let herself trust another guy with her already battered heart? Or will she push him away to protect herself from getting hurt again?

My thoughts:

One of my favorite books is My Favorite Mistake by Chelsea Cameron and as book boyfriends go, Hunter Zaccadelli rates in my top ten. I sometimes worry when a new book comes out by an author who has already written one of my favorites. Will I hold it to a higher standard only to be let down? When I get attached to a character, I get REALLY attached and find it hard to move on to another one. FEAR NOT! Faster We Burn not only exceeds expectation, it freakin' rocks! Stryker Grant is simply dreamy (Yup, I just used the word dreamy!) with his multiple piercings and talent for music and drawing. And Katie? Well, she's all kinds of cute with her belief that she can actually keep things just physical and her obsession with pink. I absolutely love the story coming from the dual POV's because honestly, how many times are we going to know what a guy is thinking? From pizza and pancakes to second Thanksgivings, Stryker and Katie take you on a roller coaster of emotions. Reading Faster We Burn I laughed, I loved, I seriously cried and there were times I wanted to kill a few of the characters myself. This is such a sweet, hot read that you won't want to put it down! Stryker Grant will be a serious contender for your top ten book boyfriend list! I mean seriously, where else are you going to find a hottie sweet enough to paint your nails for you?

My favorite line:

"You'll take my dick inside you and my tounge down your throat, but some of my spit on your hand grosses you out?"

And just because I had too much time on my hands, here's my Faster We Burn doodles!



posted from Bloggeroid

2 comments :

  1. Ooh, sounds like a fun and sexy read:) Adding to my TBR pile now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll really love it! Its number two in the series but can definitely be read as a stand alone. When you read it I'd love to know what you think of it!

      Delete